Monday, April 17, 2006

Combining Apartments

Q: Does a Certificate of Occupancy need to be amended when I combine Apartments?

A: No. Combination of Apartments can be filed as an Alt-II, provided that they result in a lower overall number of Dwelling Units. If the units are condominiums, an application must be filed with the Department of Finance to reflect the condo tax lot merger. One of the two kitchens in the apartment must be removed.