Thursday, April 20, 2006

Demolition or Alteration Permit?

Q: I want to demolish a portion of my building. Do I need a Demolition Permit? Do I need to file with the BEST Squad?

A:It is necessary to file for a Demolition Permit when the scope of building demolition is 50% of the building or more. Demolition less than 50% may be filed under an Alteration Application (Alt-II, Directive-2).